Sunday, September 2, 2012

Meatloaf

Category: Main Dish
From the Kitchen of: Carol

Ingredients:
Lean Ground Chuck
1 egg
Chopped parsley (plain not italian)
Bread Crumbs
*Chopped Onions (finely)
1 Package of McMormick Meat Loaf Mix
2 Strips of Bacon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 365*
2. Mix together ground chuck, 1 egg, parsley, chopped onions, meat loaf mix (Don't over mix because it makes meatloaf tough).
3. Put in meat loaf pan, sprinkle bread crumbs. Add 2 strips of bacon on top.
4. Bake for 20 minutes to brown top then cover with foil and bake until 170* in center.
5. Halfway through baking pour off excess grease.


1 comment:

  1. * I have made it without onion and it still turns out yummy. I also use the bacon in my loaded mashed potatoes when I make this. I will post the mashed potatoes recipe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete