Monday, March 5, 2012

Stranger Safety

George is going to be 5 this week and Samantha is going to be 3 at the end of the month. It is a really great time to go into more detail about stranger danger with George. Since Samantha wants to do everything he does she is learning the basics but might not comprehend everything he does.

The kids mom got a DVD it is for ages 4 and up. The video is called The Safe Side: Stranger Safety. The company also has one for Internet Safety. These video's were created by John Walsh and Julie Clark. I have had a little time to check out the website www.thesafeside.com which has more resources for families and teachers to download. We have not had time yet to watch the video but when we do I will give you my opinion on it and weather or not the kids liked it and understood it.


So George has sat down with his mom and watched the video this past week... I saw him on Thursday and he could not wait to watch it again. I didn't actually get to sit down and watch it with him but he could already tell me so much about it and the clips I did see were great. This video his kid approved!!!! 


<3 Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment