Sunday, March 25, 2012

French Toast Casserole

When I woke up this morning I decided to create a breakfast I saw on Pinterest and since me and Adam both love french toast this sounded like a great idea....


Recipe:


  • 5 cups bread cubes
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup white sugar, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter an 8x8 inch baking pan.
  2. Line bottom of pan with bread cubes. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and vanilla. pour egg mixture over bread. Dot with margarine; let stand for 10 minutes.
  3. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Bake in preheated oven about 45 to 50 minutes, until top is golden.
6 servings 

It takes a little bit of time but over all it was pretty easy. I also used my silk vanilla milk instead and omitted the vanilla extract by doing so. 


I did forget to set the oven 25* less than what the recipe called for so it only took 30 minutes. The outside was a little crunchy (my mom suggested I cover with aluminum next time). The inside was a little bit more soggy than I would have liked also (I can't stand anything soggy but Adam and mom liked it). Overall the taste was yummy. 


<3 Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment