Friday, September 13, 2013

Buckeye Pie

So my two of our friends are having a house warming party on Saturday and I was going to make my homemade Mac & Cheese that my fiance requested.... But I forgot Amanda (our friend) was making Mac & Cheese. When I asked Adam what to make he couldn't think of anything so I asked his brother Eric and he told me to make one of my famous pies. He then came up with the idea of making a Buckeye Pie... I looked it up on Pinterest and here is the cooking adventure I had in making it....


Ingredients:
9oz Peanut Butter
1/4 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Butter
1 3/4 Powdered Sugar
Instant Chocolate Pudding 
Milk (whatever pudding box calls for)
Cool Whip 
Graham Cracker Pie Crust (pre-made or make your own)

I started with following the exact directions from the pudding box. It called for the big box but we had a lot left over. Next time I am going to try the small box
get the milk bowling

                        
the different stages of the pudding being made.

So we did not have enough powder sugar and I was way to lazy to run to Jungle Jim's and get more. I tasted it and so did my fiance and we both said it still tasted good. This is suppose to be crumbly not pasty. Eric said it was a little to much peanut butter but Amanda loved it. So I feel most likely the powder sugar you can really do to taste. The crusted started breaking while I spread the pb mixture so Adam had to help hold it still. 

The pudding was filled to the top. I then let the pie cool over night. The next day I put the cool whip on top (I forgot to take pictures since it was morning time lol) 

Let's just say there was none left at the end of the night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment