Friday, September 13, 2013

Carpet Cleaning

Ok so I had/have these really dark spots in my carpet in the high traffic areas... They have drove me crazy since the day we moved in. We have used the carpet cleaner and they wouldn't leave. We even tried using expensive carpet cleaning solutions. I kept reading on different blogs on pinterest about using vinegar and water.

I forgot to take pictures of the first area of spots but after the magic potion worked its miracle I remembered to take pictures of the second area.


I am going to borrow a carpet cleaner and put in the carpet cleaner and do the entire carpet area after seeing this miracle!


What you will need:
1 part Vinegar
2 parts Water
Spray Bottle
Iron

Directions:
I did not have a spray bottle at this time so I just used a solo cup. After this I am going to be investing in a lot of spray bottles and trying different DIY cleaners to try and save my family money.
I just dumped a little bit on each spot and ran the iron over the spot a few times. If the spot is really dark or deep in the carpet you might have to do it a few times. In the picture below you can tell the spots I missed with the solution.

Before Picture: So you can see the spots that I needed to get rid of
Here is the after picture. You can see the spots I missed with the magic solution. 
I want to do my entire carpet area!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment