Friday, September 13, 2013

Apple Cheesecake Bars

My friend Amanda is having a Pinterest party this weekend and I chose to make this yummy dessert for my food item. Heads up this is not a healthy snack because of all the butter...
    For the Crust
    Ingredients
      12 Graham Cracker Sheets
      50 Nilla Wafer Cookies (I got the mini so I used 70) 
      1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
      12 tablespoons butter, melted
      Directions
        1. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
        2. Pulse graham crackers and Nilla Wafer cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. I have the smallest food processor ever so this took a little time but if you have a regular sized food processor it will take you know time at all. Place in a bowl and stir in cinnamon and melted butter. Press into prepared pan. 
        3. Bake for 8 minutes, while preparing filling.
      1. My Small Food Processor... See what I mean by this took me awhile bc of the size?

        So after getting all of this done I dumped it in the bowl mixed up with my hands some since I couldn't process them all together. Then I added the cinnamon and again mixed with my hands. So much easier a lot of times when you use your hands and LESS dishes :-)

        After adding the a but load of butter I mixed with the rubber spatula.

        After I spread the crust I put it in the oven for 8 minutes.

        For the Filling:
        Ingredients
          2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
          2 eggs
          1/2 cup sour cream
          1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
          1 teaspoon vanilla
          2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
          1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
          Directions
              1. Beat cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla with a hand held or stand mixer. 
              2. Place apples in a small bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
              After placing all the filling ingredients in the mixer bowl I let the mixer do its job. 

              Side note here is the pie crust after baking for 8 minutes... 

              After mixing the cheesecake part of the filling 

              Apples and cinnamon... umm yeah most likely I probably could have cut the apples up a little bit more but hey they are small enough for me lol.

                  For the Topping:
                  Ingredients
                  1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
                  1 cup flour
                  1/2 cup quick cooking oats
                  1/2 cup butter, softened
                  Directions
                  1. Make the topping by mixing all topping ingredients in a medium bowl with a hand mixer.
                  Ok so I stepped away from the mixer for a second to answer the phone... The topping got a little pastey like texture instead of crumbs... So I recommend mixing with your hands (I should really learn not to follow recipes when it comes to mixing things like this lol) 




                  Left: Without Apples Right: With Apples

                  1. Pour cream cheese mixture over hot crust. Sprinkle with apples. Sprinkle evenly with topping. Bake for 40-45 minutes (mine took 43). 

                  So since the topping didn't turn out the right texture I still put it on bc it taste good but then poured some oats and brown sugar on top. 

                  Side view ofter baking in the oven. 

                  Cool to room temperature and then chill for at least 3 hours before cutting.

              No comments:

              Post a Comment