Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Peach Pie

So every year Adam's brother Eric always asks me what type of cake for him. This year he asked me to make a peach pie since peaches are his favorite. I was nervous because I have never made a peach pie and I don't like peaches (Well I love the smell just not the texture). I combined two different pie recipes I found (if you can't tell by now I do this a lot). Eric and his dad gave it a 11 out of 10 and said it would have been high but I forgot the vanilla ice cream.... ooops.

Ingredients:
Filling:
4-5 cups of Sliced and peeled peaches
1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp kosher salt

Topping:
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
4 tsp light margarine
5 tsp Brown Sugar

Crust:
I had one of my pre-made pie crust left over from Christmas time in the freezer that I use to just get rid of it.

Directions:

Filling:
1. peal and slice the peaches. Don't forget to cut the seeds off.
2. In a separate bowl mix together flour's, cinnamon, nutmeg and kosher salt. Make sure you lightly mix these together with a spoon (just enough so they aren't just piled on top of each other).
3. Pour the honey on the peaches (I put it in with the dry ingredients on accident "not thinking just dumped" but it did make it harder to mix up).
4. Pour filling into pie crust.

Topping:

1.Pour all the filling ingredients into a bowl and lightly mix them together with a spoon (just like you did in the filling). Set aside.

Put the pie (with out the topping) in the oven on 350* for about 10 minutes. Pour the topping on and then take pie out and put foil around the edges of the crust. Put the pie back in the oven for about 30 more minutes (might take up to 45).

I hope your families enjoy this as much as Eric did please feel free to let me know what y'all think of it. I love getting feed back especially positive feedback on this since I did not eat any (again I don't like peaches but I wanted to make a pie for my very soon to be brother in-law that he wanted and was crossing my fingers he would like).


No comments:

Post a Comment