Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pumpkin Pie

Made my very first pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving this yr :-) As a kid the only pumpkin pie I would was my grandma's. She use to make it from an actual pumpkin until she got older and it got to be to much work then she started using the pumpkin in the can. I like Frisch's also but it wont beat my grandma's. The bad news is my mom tried to find her recipe and couldn't find it anywhere in her house.  I searched Pinterest and debated for weeks what recipe to use. I got lucky and the recipe I used was very very delicious!!!!

From the kitchen of: Pinterest
Category: Dessert

Ingredients:

9" Crust (I am going to attempt making my own crust next yr)

15 oz Can Pumpkin
1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/8 tsp allspice)
1/4 tsp Salt
3 Eggs Beaten
1/4 c Sour Cream
1 cup Half and Half
1 tsp Vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375*

1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt. Add eggs and sour cream.
2. Beat lightly.
3. Stir in half and half and vanilla.
4. Fill pie shell.
5. Cover edges with foil and bake 35 minutes.
6. Remove foil and bake another 25 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment